The primary objectives of the ECAAH are to advance veterinary and related biological sciences and animal health care in Europe and increase the skills those practising in this field by
- Establishing guidelines for post-graduate education and experience prerequisite to becoming a specialist in aquatic animal health
- Examining and authenticating veterinarians as specialists to serve the veterinary patient, its owner and the public in general
- Providing expertise in this specialty,
- Encouraging research and other contributions to knowledge related to this specialty; and
- Promoting communication and the dissemination of this knowledge.